The Surgical Institute of Monroe brings together outstanding clinicians from an array of specialties. Our surgeons have been trained at some of the nation’s leading schools and hospitals. Specialties offered at The Surgical Institute of Monroe include:
- Orthopedics: Orthopedic surgeons work with acute, chronic, traumatic, and recurrent injuries and disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- General Surgery: The Surgical Institute of Monroe has a team of experienced surgeons who specialize in general surgical procedures, including but limited to: hernias, gall bladder removal, excisions, and other ambulatory procedures.
- Otolaryngology (ENT): Otolaryngologists, referred to as Ear, Nose, and Throat or ENTs, monitor treatment of the ear, throat, nose, and upper respiratory tract. The ENT physicians at The Surgical Institute of Monroe perform functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS), sinuplasty, tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Gastroenterology (GI): Also known as a GI specialist, Gastroenterologists are trained to perform procedures such as colonoscopies and upper GI endoscopies. These procedures allow our physicians to visualize the upper and lower part of the gastrointestinal tract to check for unusual ulcers, tumors, polyp and blood vessels.
- Gynecology: Gynecologists perform surgeries involving the female reproductive system and women’s wellness issues.
- Urology: Specialists in urology focus on the urinary tracts of males and females, and on the reproductive system of males. The organs covered by urology include the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis.
- Podiatry: Podiatry is the medical and surgical management of foot and ankle disorders. Our doctors can provide treatment for everything from minor ailments to reconstructive surgery.